A conversation with Ramona Persaud on episode 80 of the 10-Minute Teacher
From the Cool Cat Teacher Blog by Vicki Davis
Follow @coolcatteacher on Twitter
- Stream by clicking here.
- The transcript will be uploaded and posted right here at soon as soon as it is available. Just type in www.coolcatteacher.com/e80 to come back.
In today’s show, Ramona Persaud gives five tips directly related to how the brain learns:
- Understanding stress and the brain
- Relating knowledge to prior knowledge
- How the brain changes
- Thoughts on teaching for mastery
- The proper place of memorization
I hope you enjoy this episode with Ramona Persaud!
Selected Links from this Episode
- Twitter handle: @ramonap
- Film: http://www.greymattersdocumentary.com
- The Brain-Targeted Teaching Model for 21st-Century Schools by Mariale Hardiman
Full Bio As Submitted
Ramona Persaud is an independent documentary filmmaker and founder of Change the Lens Productions. Change the Lens Productions specializes in social issue documentaries that are both entertaining and thought-provoking, nudging viewers to examine their life, their perspective, and their overall world view in the context of the stories they’ve just viewed.
The documentary Grey Matters is based on the book “The Brain Targeted Teaching Model for 21st Century Schools” by Dr. Mariale Hardiman. The documentary offers practical, “use right now” information for teachers, that are based on research.
Transcript for this episode
To be posted as soon as it is available. Check back soon!
from Cool Cat Teacher BlogCool Cat Teacher Blog