Every Classroom Matters episode 205
From the Cool Cat Teacher Blog by Vicki Davis
Follow @coolcatteacher on Twitter
The BBC Microbit is making its way into the hands of 1 million UK students. With BETT kicking up this week in the UK, learn the UK edtech news from teacher Mark Martin. From tools that he’s excited about, to the new Computer Science curriculum in the UK, Mark shares his views on edtech. Listen now.
Essential Questions: The BBC Microbit and other UK Edtech News
- What are they teaching in the new UK Computer Science curriculum?
- What are some education technologies UK educators are discussing?
- Thoughts on the shift from an exam culture to a creation culture.
- The BBC Microbit and what it will mean to kids in the UK.
Educator Resources from this Episode
- Urban Teacher TV on YouTube
- Mark Martin’s Website
- The BBC Microbit (often spelled BBC Micro:bit) – the pocket-sized programmable computer that a million kids in the UK will be programming soon.
- MIT Scratch
- Code Academy
- Microsoft Office Sway
- Microsoft One Note
from Cool Cat Teacher BlogCool Cat Teacher Blog