Every Classroom Matters episode 183
How can we improve our lessons? When do we know what works and what doesn’t? In today’s show, Dean Shareski talks candidly about student feedback and the role of self-reflection in teaching. Improve the craft of teaching by incorporating his suggestions in your classroom routines. Become intentional and level up a little every day.
- How student reflections can help teachers improve.
- A scary thing Dean found his college students weren’t comfortable doing.
- The two-word question that made Dean a better teacher.
- The problem with rubrics.
- Vicki’s “a-ha” moment about student feedback from Dean’s inspiration.
Dean Shareski’s honest talk about grades, assessment, and student feedback apply to every level of teaching. Self-reflection is an important part of teaching. Dean helps us understand how we can reflect and how our students can help.
Educator Resources and Links from the Show
Great quotes from the show you can share…
from Cool Cat Teacher Blog