An Every Classroom Matters Episode
How can we connect with our students every single day? Teacher Jennie Magiera reflects honestly about how she killed creativity but brought it back from the dead. She shares how a simple Google form changed everything about the relationship with her students. Her insights about kids working below grade level are helpful to every teacher who struggles to reach them. A White House Champion for Change, you’ll be inspired to connect with your students in new ways after listening to this episode.
- How a mood check-in gave Jennie a “qualitative shift” in her relationship with her students. (BYOD schools take note)
- 5 Ideas for how to do mood check-ins (even without technology)
- How Jennie pursued Ken Robinson’s dream to move towards creativity only to realize she had “broken” her students
- How to empower and engage kids who are far below grade level.
- How to help kids want to learn.
- Creating Mood Check Ins with Google Forms [VIDEO]
- Power to the Pupil – Jennie’s TEDx Talk
- Sir Ken Robinson’s TED Talk on Creativity
- Jennie Magiera’s Keynote on Wes Fryer’s Podcast
The post Connect with Students: Getting and Staying In Touch with Every Student appeared first on Cool Cat Teacher Blog by Vicki Davis @coolcatteacher helping educators be excellent every day. Meow!
from Cool Cat Teacher Blog